Monday 4 March 2013

25 Day alcohol Detox overview

First of all, I would like to thank each of you for your support over the last month. Your encouragement convinced me that I would get through 25 days just fine. After reading every single comment and email, I knew there was no way I would let myself or any of you down. I was particularly pleased to know that more of them participated in the detox as well as. Cong rats to you! I used 25 without drinks, and I am very glad I did.

My results:

I felt much more alert, had more energy and was more productive. Have no hangover or foggy morning was great.I started the detox weighs 113.6. When it was over, weighed in 109.4. No joke. This can be from nixing alcohol, or a combination of, and to be more productive/eat healthier. In the first week, there were 3 or 4 times when I said aloud, ' Oooh, I want some wine, "or felt like having a glass with dinner. It was just me acting out of habit. Although it was a bit of a bummer, I never felt it was that big of a deal. Downloads, was my sugar cravings also crazy. I wanted chocolate more than ever. That finally disappeared after the second week. And in remission means I eat the chocolate once a day, just like normal, instead of my new all day habit. Towards the end of the other Ha downloads, I really do not remember not to have alcohol because of how much better I felt.By the third week, I knew that I had achieved my goal. I could recognize when I using alcohol as a stress zapper and how there are a million other ways to deal with it in a healthy way.The last few days were really exciting. I felt such a sense of achievement and was ready to celebrate. I knew that I would be able to go out with friends and know my limits.The most interesting that happened was this: I had a nightmare about 3-4 times a week since last summer event. During the detox, I had not a single one. The first night I decided to have the wine again, Carter and I had one regular medium-sized glass of red wine. A. Night, I had the nightmare again.

As I have just said, the first night, I had a glass of wine. I wanted to see how I felt after a drink before jumping in to the wine and Food Festival open bar party. The night of the event, I limited myself to have a sip or two of specialty drinks, and then had just two beers. When we were in the bars later, I only had beer.  No shots, no fluid, no wine … no problems. Believe me, I am wearing a pair of 5-inch heels, and both of us survived.

Because of how much better I felt without alcohol, I have made a decision on how the transition into March. I have chosen to save the booze for weekends only. There should be a special occasion during the week, Yes, I get a drink to celebrate. No big deal there.

If you are interested in doing a detox yourself, here are some tips:

Tell family and friends what you are doing. I guarantee that you will have at least one person's support. You can always tell me also — I will help you!Write down why you are doing this. When you get the courage, look at your reasons to detox to remember your goals.Take note, when you feel the need to drink. Recognize if it is because you want to enjoy it, or if you feel that you need it. Learn the difference.Keep track of your mood and energy levels. You will be surprised how these will improve.DO order a water or non-alcoholic drinks when you are around friends who drink. Sometimes it is weird not keep something and you want to avoid the dreaded question, "Why don't you drink!?" from all around you.DO stock up on seltzer or flavored water. You it.Have a reward for yourself in the end. I knew mine would not only be a sense of accomplishment, but that I would get to celebrate with friends on wine and Food Festival. Worth it!

Again, I am so so I did and I strongly encourage any of you to try this If you feel that the alcohol has been a problem in your life. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment or email me. I would be pleased to answer them and support them!

In other news, I have verrrryyyyyy exciting blog news to share with you on Wednesday. More reasons to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment